Important Dates in 2018~2019
(E, JH, SH)
|Vacation||1st Semester||vacation||2nd Semester||Vacation|
(SH 2, 3)
|Vacation||Senior High 2 :
Senior High 3 :
|vacation||Senior High 2 :
Senior High 3 :
(EPP – Level 1 – Leve 2 – Level 3)
(ESL, IELTS, TOEFL)
TOEFL / IELTS [5.5]
TOEFL / IELTS [6.0]
School Calendar : 2018-2019
SMEAG Global Education is operating a total of four campuses located in Cebu and Tarlac, Philippines. We offer highly standardized academic programs of international education with gold partnership with ACT, GAC, British Council, ETS, Cambridge English Language Assessment- University of Cambridge.
SMEAG GLOBAL SCHOOL
SMEAG Global School `s main goal is to help build dreams of the youth for the future. Learners from different walks of life will be trained and to develop skills for their maximum potential. Our students learn to value communication from their day by day experiences living with students of different nationalities
|SMEAG GLOBAL SCHOOL|
|Charge Description||1st-6th grade||7th-10th grade||11th-12th grade|
|Tuition||$6,800||$7,200||$8,000 | $12,000(GAC)|
|Total||$15,470||$15,870||$16,670 | $20,670(GAC)|
|* Support for up to $ 2,400 in scholarships|
|Inquiry : firstname.lastname@example.org, 070-4012-7601 / (Globe)0927-241-3726|
SMEAG GAC (Global Assessment Certificate)
SMEAG Global Education prides its University Pathway Course (GAC, Global Assessment Certificate™), which is an internationally recognized university preparation study program. The sole purpose of this program is not only attain a degree with high score, but also to develop academic knowledge, skills and self-confidence to adapt to living abroad.
|SMEAG GAC (Global Assessment Certificate)|
|Charge Description||Amount (USD)|
|Dormitory Fee||38 weeks||$7,720|
SMEAG JUNIOR CAMP
SMEAG Junior camp is a short-term dynamic program designed to improve the English communication skills of young learners with a team of highly trained, professionals staff and student advisers who are responsible for curriculum implementation and management providing a natural English learning habitat 24 hours a day.
|SMEAG JUNIOR CAMP|
SSP, Minior Tax (Airport), Snack, Activities (Daily, Weekly), Books, Electricity, Water, Airport Fee
* Not Included
Flight Ticket, Pocket Money ($100), Insurance, Notarial Fee
SMEAG GLOBAL SCHOOL (Regular/GAC Course)
1. Admission fee ($500) is not refundable even if the applicant stop processing the application.
2. ESL tuition fee needs to be paid together with regular course fee per semester or per year.
3. Tuition fee must be fully paid within 30 days of the onset of the class. Failure of payment could cause cancellation of admission.
4. There is 7% cancellation charge from fully paid total amount, if the student cancel within 30 days from their date of departure or arrival.
5. There is 15% cancellation charge from program fee, if the student cancel within the first 30 days of the semester.
6. Tuition fee is not refundable after 30 days of the onset of the class. There is refund from the dormitory fee excluding the fee for the following month. Other expenses would be calculated in actual expense. (Paid uniform, books are not refundable.)
7. The student who want to drop the program during the semester, must inform to the office within 4 weeks.
8. The students and parents hereby agree that the names, photographs, or performance report taken throughout their stay in SMEAG may be used for public information without any demands of written agreement or compensation.
SMEAG JUNIOR CAMP
1. $700 is the down payment from the fee of program application. This amount is considered as a cancellation charge and not refundable when the applicant cancel the program due to his/her personal reasons.
2. Tuition fee and program fees are not refundable after the program starts and 7 days before the departure.
3. In case of cancellation 14 days before the departure, there is 50% refund from the total amount excluding cancellation charge.
4. For medical bills during the period of program running, SMEAG would pay for it within the amount covered by insurance but parents need to give refund to SMEAG when the program is done. In case when the amount (medical fee) exceeds beyond the insurance coverage, parents have to pay before the program ends.
5. Compensation for the incident during the period of program running would be covered by insurance company that SMEAG registered.
6. When there is unexpected circumstances that affects the program running such as natural disasters, arbitrary changes occurring from the government, war, hijack, riot, injury, etc., which are not caused by SMEAG, there is no refund for the whole amount of program fee.
7. In case when the student is expelled because of violating the rule of using drug, drinking alcohol, smoking, assault, having illicit affair with the opposite sex during the period of program running, there is no refund.
SMEAG GLOBAL SCHOOL
Enquiry – Sending required documents – Entrance Test & Interview – Notification of the school grade – Submit an agreement of admission
Application Form, Report Card for the last three years, Birth Certificate, Immunization Records, Graduate Certificate, Six (6) Passport photos
Registered in elementary school or about to enter the same level / Registered in junior high school or about to enter in the same level / Registered in high school
SMEAG GAC PROGRAM
Enquiries – Submit application – GAC Entrance Test – Personality Interview – Acceptance
Application form for GAC, Middle or high school diploma (report card of school), GED diploma
Must be seventeen years old (or above) and a high school graduate (or high school equivalency credential)
SMEAG JUNIOR CAMP
Enquiries – Submit application
A copy of passport, a copy of resident registration in English
2nd grade in elementary school to 3rd grade in middle
Foreigners are allowed to stay in the Philippines without a visa within 30 days.A visa must be issued once a person stays more than 30 days as reflected in his/her return ticket, the said applicant should extend his/her visa and application must be 10 days before the expiration date
Tourist visa is issued for a foreigner who wants to study or travel in the Philippines. If the applicant wishes to stay beyond 30 days in the Philippines, an application for extension of his/her stay must be filed at the Bureau of Immigration in Manila, or in the nearest the Immigration Office where the applicant is temporarily residing.
An ECC must be obtained when leaving to another country, after staying for more than six months
SSP (SPECIAL STUDY PERMIT)
Special Study Permit is issued by the Philippine Bureau of Immigration for foreigners who wish to engage in short-term study in the Philippines. It is only issued in the Philippines and eligible nationals who plan to enroll in non-degree course, including English or Junior camp which lasts for less than one year may first apply for tourist visas at the Philippines Embassy. In order to study in the Philippines legally, an SSP should be issued
A student visa is required for foreigners to enroll in an official international school, local school and universities in the Philippines. In order to get a student visa, certain documents should be submitted to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration, after receiving a letter of acceptance from the school you want to be admitted
All foreign nationals who are visa holders of Temporary Visitor’s Visa or Tourist Visa who have stayed for more than fifty-nine (59) days in the Philippines should have I-CARD. I-card is not a substitute for a passport or a visa, and cannot be used to replace either. You still need your passport and you need to have a valid and current visa stamped inside in order to legally stay in the Philippines
SMEAG Global School Regulations
To become a healthy citizen and contribute to society in community life in loving each other and being cooperative.
To create an atmosphere that can be dedicated to promoting education and providing a foundation for self-realization.
To build an upright personality through dormitory life by learning to care for each other and be considerate of other’s feelings.
* SMEAG Global School enforces the following dormitory rules and regulations for every student to abide by.
The dormitory is a place for many students to improve and form a moral character, thus, the following regulations must be followed to maintain peace and order in group life and to create the best learning environment.
1-1. Every student in the dormitory should be proud of being in SMEAG Global School and does his or her best to improve both academic ability and good moral character.
1-2. Every student is required to fulfill his or her roles as a student and does not ask for any exceptions.
1-3. Every student cultivates cultural awareness of citizens by keeping order and does his or her best not to cause other students any inconvenience.
1-4. Every student must not damage the facilities of dormitory but use them with good care.
1-5. Every student understands and complies with the dormitory rules and regulations and also follows the instructions of a dormitory manager.
1-6. Every student respects each other and greets with smile and also be polite to the dormitory employees.
1-7. Every student shows a warm spirit of comradeship and teamwork thinking of ‘we’ first rather than ‘I’ and be the first one when others are in need of help.
1-8. Every student is expected to use beautiful language and be polite and kind to school employees, parents, visitors and classmates.
1-9. All the facilities and equipment of the dormitory belong to the school property, thus, if a student ever happens to destroy any of those, he or she will be asked to compensate for its loss.
1-10. Any gathering or entertainment without permission are not allowed, and also the smart phones, net books, cartoons, pornographic photos and fantasy novels which have possibilities of hindering the learning environment cannot be carried and disseminated inside the dormitory .
1-11. Cooking is not allowed in any place in the dormitory.
1-12. In order for every student to have sound sleep and heighten the efficiency of learning, the things which can disrupt others must not put into action such as having a chat, walking around, doing the laundry and taking a shower after 11 pm.
1-13. Neither running nor walking with a drag is allowed in the dormitory.
1-14. Walking around the dormitory with only wearing underwear is not allowed.
1-15. Every student must wear school uniform while in classes and also be in neat clothes while sleeping.
1-16. Room arrangement will be planned by a manager every semester.
1-17. Every student is not allowed to use his or her mobile phone during the week. The phones will be given to students every Friday at 9:45 pm and be surrendered again every Sunday at 9:45 pm. In case of failure to keep this rule, a student will be imposed penalty points and grounded on the weekend. (In case of a holiday, the phone will be given the day before at 9:45 pm.)
1-18. Drinking and smoking inside the campus is absolutely banned.
2-1. Every student is anticipated to take a shower every day and maintain neat hair in order not to give other people unpleasant feelings.
2-2. The bedding should be washed and changed regularly to keep cleanliness.
2-3. Be punctual with meal times and do not skip any meal.
2-4. In case any emergency happens, report it to a school staff immediately.
2-5. To stay physically fit, every student is expected to live a well-regulated life and do exercise.
2-6. Every student should get enough sleep in order not to damage his or her health.
3-1. The first priority of a room is to take a rest and sleep; therefore any act of disturbance such as a birthday party is prohibited.
3-2. All the facilities in the room like a cabinet, bed, and trashcan should not be damaged in any case.
3-3. Every student should always check the facilities such an air conditioner and furniture. If anything damaged found, report it to school employees for fixing.
3-4. Throwing any garbage out of the window is not desirable. (Do not force the mosquito net to open the window.)
3-5. Bringing any food (noodles, pizza, fast food and cake) inside the room is banned to maintain cleanliness of the room. (Keep food in your individual container at a designated area.)
3-6. The cabinet has to be locked all the time. If a student needs to keep his or her money or valuables with a manager, he or she can ask for it.
3-7. The lights in the room should be switched off at 11 pm to sleep.
3-8. The air conditioner and the lights should be off when going out. (If not, penalty points will be given.)
3-9. No visitors (classmates or friends) are allowed to get into a room.
3-10. Every student is required to buy his or her own toiletries and never to use other’s.
4-1. Take good care of the facilities (microphones, remote controls and speakers) in the lounge and never destroy them.
4-2. Every student should strictly follow the time schedule of operating hours.
4-3. When going out of the lounge, the lights, air conditioner and electronic equipment must be turned off.
4-4. Bringing any food inside the lounge is banned.
4-5. Every student must keep an eye on his or her valuables, in case of losing any, he or she cannot ask school management to compensate for it.
5-1. The laundry should be put in a personal basket and put in front of the room in accordance with the laundry time schedule before going to school.
5-2. Every student should put name tag on his or her personal clothes in order not to be mixed with others.
6-1. Sleeping out and going out are strictly restricted in order to build good learning environment and maintain orderly community life.
6-2. Going out is only allowed on the weekend and a holiday in accordance with the shuttle schedule.
* Going out is impossible if a student cannot follow the shuttle schedule. If a student ever happens to be late for the schedule, he or she will be given penalty points.
6-3. Wearing slippers is not possible, every student must wear a pair of shoes and be in neat outfit.
There are morning roll call, night roll call and special roll call.
7-1. The morning roll call starts at 6:30 a.m. If a student is late or skips the roll call, penalty points will be given and the student will be grounded.
7-2. The night roll call starts at 9:20 pm.
7-3. When attending the roll calls, every student should wear training suit.
7-4. The special roll call will be carried out when it is thought to be needed by a dormitory manager.
8-1. bedding: provided
8-2. clothes: Every student should have at least 4 pairs of clothing.
8-3. Personal toiletries: Shampoo, soap, tooth brush, tooth paste, towel, lotion, cup and toilet paper
※ Additional purchase could be done at both Korean and local groceries nearby SMEAG Global School.
8-4. Learning materials: if needed, prepare personal storing device like a USB flash drive.
8-5. Cash or debit card: any card which has VISA mark is possible.
8-6. A pair of house shoes/slippers which produce little to no sound when walking.
8-7. Personal laundry basket: provided
8-8. Using electronic devices for learning and mobile phones (on a day-off only) are possible to use but be cautions with the risk of loss.
8-9. Prohibited items
– Electronic items such as fans, irons, electric blankets, lamp, lantern and iron products or inflammable like heaters, matches and lighters.
– Cartoons, comic books, etc., which are not related to learning.
– The big things which has to be put on the floor and can infringe the lives of others such as bookshelves, clothes box and table, etc.
– Any kind of gambling cards (poker) and deadly weapons
– Awls or screw drivers which can destroy the texture of ceiling